Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pink

It's a colour often seen around my place! I've often joked that between myself and the girls our washing line looks like a fairy floss machine exploded!

But today that is not the pink I'm talking about.

For those who know me well - this might come as quite a shock but I am entering a mini-triathlon!
Yes. I did use the words triathlon in relation to myself.
I can just see you there looking bewildered and saying "Sheila? In a triathlon?"
A puzzled expression or perhaps a furrowed brow ....."Sheila? Really? In a triathlon?"

Introducing the Triathlon Pink.
Its a breast cancer fund raising event - so not only is it doing good for others but getting me motivated as well.

A few weeks back one of the Year 2 mums asked me if I would like to join in. My response was an emphatic NO! A few days on and one of the other Year 2 mums asked me - this time it was something in the way she pitched it and I thought Yeah! I can do that.
It's certainly a huge challenge but having the triathlon to train for makes me feel like I won't give up the way I usually do when it comes to exercise.

So thanks Liz for giving me some direction and a real challenge in my life.

We need to swim 300m, cycle 9kms and run 3kms.

I'm only two weeks into training and I'm still feeling inspired - that is good.
I've been running a few times a week and I can feel my fitness improving already. I've just started to cycle and it's a killer but I am loving the feeling I get after exercise.

So wish me luck.
I hope no one has fainted at this crazy news.
I will keep you posted and will have to get Luke to photograph me at the finish line!!!

ps - Liz is now talking a horse riding endurance trail for next year - believe or not I might even be up for that! Now I need a bike and a horse.

Here is a pic just for fun - totally irrelevant but who cares!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheila - i just came across your blog and read this post. I was the event photographer for the triathlon pink last year in Sydney and Melbourne!!! one of my clients organises the whole series. Unfortunately with it going to 5 cities this year I couldnt committ to it :( It is such a wonderful cause and a fantastic day, so good on you for getting involved! Most of the images on the website I took last year :) anyway best of luck and get training!!!