Monday, June 30, 2008

I Got Soul But I'm Not A Solider

Thanks to The Killers and their track "All These Things That I Have Done"
I have finally broken that 3 kilometer mark in my running. I got an ipod for my birthday and listening to The Killers in helping me get further and further. I can't believe that I ran 3kms - without stopping - without dying....and I enjoyed it.

A few weeks back I thought I had done the 3km thing but sadly my calculations were off - this time I got it right and it was sooooo good. This song actually helped me to run faster even though I'd just run up a rather large hill and I still had another to go before reaching that 3k mark.

The line "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier" just really does it for me and my legs seem to pick them selves up and go faster.





This one by The Cold War Kids also gets me moving.



If anyone has any Indie Rock or Pop tunes they recommend please let me know. Listening to tunes stops any negative self talk that tries to beat me into becoming stationary.

2 comments:

fona25 said...

Well, I've already told you to check out Blood Red Shoes, they are awesome. I find The Grates is fantastic for g'ing me up but you know about them too. I am listening to Interpol a lot at the moment (only because I can't find the Blood Red Shoes cd!!!). I love a bit of Franz Ferdinand too. Can't think of any others at the moment, but when I do, will let you know!

Wildmans on the Web said...

I just downloaded 'The Music', they rock!!