Thursday, October 2, 2008

Triathlon Pink

So a few months back I mentioned Triathlon Pink.

Some of you may have wondered if I managed to keep my commitment to participate in the charity event despite my history of being unsporty and well ....dare I say it ....lazy.

Well I am happy to let you know the event is only10 days away and yes I am participating.

For months we have been working on the cycle and run legs but we had no access to a swimming pool during the winter months as our small town does not have an indoor heated pool - well the pool reopened and for the first time we put the three legs together - 300m swim, 9km cycle and 3km run and yes I did manage to complete it.........I will admit to needing to walk part of the run - it was hot and I was tired.....but I now know that I can and will cross that finish line come Sunday the 12th.

I'm really excited about the event and I have to send a big shout out to Liz who convinced me that being in a triathlon was a suitable activity for a computer geek like me. I really feel that I have accomplished a major change in my life and fitness level and if Liz hadn't sold the idea to me I would never have even considered such a crazy idea - so thanks Liz - although you do need a smack for the pink tutus (don't ask!!!).

At any rate - wish us luck .......and it wouldn't be a post without a pic so here is my Kitty....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wishing you all the luck and fun in the world....I would just die if I had to do 1 of those LOL
Let us know how you go x